Players' familes and friends can volunteer at MFC hosted events, and get paid!
Volunteer positions are:
- Goal Setup/Takedown - setup goals the Friday afternoon before the event, and take down goals the Sunday afternoon/evening after the event, must have 2-3 capable individuals, no transportation of goals is required
- Check-In - assist with the verification of eligible players and/or their credentials, provide directions and information, must be age 18 or older
- Field Marshal/Cleanup - roam the fields, provide directions and information, monitor sideline behavior, pickup trash, and stock restrooms and portopotties, must be age 16 or older
- Parking Attendant - provide directions and information, monitor pickup/dropoff of players and equipment, monitor vendor and staff access to "the circle", monitor handicapped parking area, must be age 18 or older
Each volunteer shift is 2 hours, and pays $25 via contribution to the player's MFC team account (it's up the manager to credit the right player).
Priority for volunteer requests are given to:
- Players familes who have received financial aid from the club, and are thus obligated to volunteer
- Players familes who have not volunteered previously
- Players familes who have volunteered previously, were on time and worked their complete shift
Volunteer requests are taken by the Site Coordinator about 1-2 weeks before the event, and are awarded and confirmed by email.
Volunteers should report to the assigned Site Coordinator at the Field Marshal tent in the picnic area at least 15 minutes before their shift to sign in, and must sign out at the end of their shift. Volunteers should allow plenty of time to park and get the the Field Marshal tent, especially at Woodward where parking can be hard to find the days of the event.